Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I don't want him to be my lover

The words he speaks, the way he looks at me;
Will not let me feel forlorn.
Why does he have to do this with me ?
Why can’t he just let me be alone?

Why does he make me feel warm, With him around?
Why doesn’t he leave me and go away?
What is the reason, behind his love profound?
When I doubt that he is here to stay …

Why does he touch me as if,
There’s nothing else around, than me?
Why does he look at me as if,
There is nothing else that he can see.

Why does he make me feel as if,
I’m doing him wrong?
Why does he make me smile by humming,
That silly love song.

Why does he want me to hold his hands?
When I know it will just be a matter of few weeks…
Why does he want me to take, once more this chance?
Why can’t I avoid those blushes on the cheeks?

I don’t want him to win me over,
I don’t want this to happen to me once again.
I don’t want him to be my lover.
Because the penalty of love, is just tears and pain.

-Alisha

No comments: